Tim served as the Construction Manager providing the client preconstruction and construction services as the Owner’s Representative for the design and construction of a 1,500 ton per day solid waste transfer station. The design included a scale-house with bridge scales, and the transfer station included two tunnels with scales.
Scope of Work / Assumptions
Shaw performed the role of Project PM (Owner’s Representative) and Project Engineer for the construction of a solid waste station. Shaw’s FY ’06 scope of work for the Evendale project includes the following:
- Design Review and Approval (includes client and constructability review meeting, scheduled for January 11, 2005)
- Project Plans:
- Review Construction Management Plan (CMP) drafted by the GC
- Review Quality Control Plan (QCP) crafted by the Quality Assurance Contractor
- Review Site Specific Health and Safety Plan (SSHASP) generated by Republic Contractor’s, which incorporates Republic’s corporate health and safety standards
- Segregate Design into Contractor Scopes, which Republic will directly contract to execute the work (contractor scopes include GC, Landscape Contractor, and Quality Assurance Contractor)
- Prepare Contractor Drawing Sets and Specifications
- Draft Contractor Statements of Work
- Generate Bidders Lists for each Contractor Type
- Prepare Request for Quotations for each Contractor bid utilizing Republic bid documents
- Conduct pre-bid meeting for General Contractor bid only
- Prepare responses to Contractor questions during bidding
- Review and Tabulate Contractor Bids
- Short List with Republic’s consent and Submit Best and Final Offer Requests to Contractors
- Review Best and Final Offers with Republic and Select Contractor
- Republic is solely responsible to Award and execute Contracts
- Finalize Construction Schedule and Budget for Republic Approval (Completed after all contractor awards have been finalized)
- Project Mobilization and Pre-construction Meetings with Contractors
- Provide Project PM (Owner’s Representative) and Project Engineering support services per the Republic general conditions as defined in the Republic bid documents during the construction effort.
- Shaw’s proposal includes engineering cost to prepare OEPA construction certification report.